I can't help it, I still get excited by a snow storm like when I was a kid. Few things hold the promise (to me) of waking to cloudy skies and cold winds. Winter is officially weeks away, but weather in the mountains turns cold and snowy well before the solstice. I love looking out the window at snow falling while drinking a hot cup of coffee. This first snow of the season will melt in town, but it holds promise of skiing to come in the mountains.
- The Climate Issue: Why the Menace of Mosquitoes Will Only Get Worse
- Asteroid Misses Earth Narrowly, by Cosmic Standards
- Trillions of Plastic Bits, Swept Up by Current, Are Littering Arctic Waters
- Climate Change Reroutes a Yukon River in a Geological Instant
- It’s Like It Never Left: Another El Niño May Be on the Way