Fischer Skis produced with 100% Renewable Power
Austria-based Fischer Sports GMBH has fully converted their ski production to run on renewable power. While their Austrian plant has been powered by biomass since 2001, now their larger facility in Mukachevo, Ukraine is run by a 5.5 MW biomass-fueled power plant. The Ukraine plant was built using state-of-the-art engineering and features the necessary filter systems. This represents a major contribution from Fischer towards achieving the Kyoto environmental objectives.
This is a welcome and necessary step by Fischer in moving towards sustainability. Congratulations to Fischer, hopefully this will help encourage other ski and snowboard manufacturers to build gear in an environmentally responsible way.
- Trump Signs Executive Order Unwinding Obama Climate Policies
- News Analysis: Planned Rollback of Climate Rules Unlikely to Achieve All Trump’s Goals
- Trilobites: They Mixed Science, Art and Costume Parties to Reveal Mysteries of the Sea
- A Dream of Clean Energy at a Very High Price
- Essay: Hope Springs Early, but Not Eternal, for the Deadnettle — or for Us