Humans Were Never Meant To Hibernate
January is a great time to head up the mountain and learn to ski or snowboard. With the holidays (SolstiChristmaHanukKwanzivus) past your local ski areas are a little less crowded and perfect for beginners. Maybe you have a son, daughter, nephew or niece who would love to try snow sports. Ski resorts across North America are offering great deals (and prizes) for beginning skiers and boarders.
Here in New Mexico Ski New Mexico, KOAT 7 and nine ski resorts (Angel Fire Resort, Pajarito Mountain, Red River Ski Area, Ski Santa Fe, Sandia Peak, Ski Apache, Sipapu Ski Resort, Taos Ski Valley, and Enchanted Forest Nordic ski area) are pleased to join the nationwide efforts of 'Learn a Winter Sports Month' this January 2012. The Kids Learn to Ski Progam is now entering its fifth year. For a price of $30.00 per day, children 6 to 12 years old may contact any one of our eight alpine resorts and one Nordic resort to make a reservation for the program. Reservations are required and are being taken January 1, 2012 through January 31, 2012.
Get off the couch and pull off the slanket - the mountains are calling!
- Trump Signs Executive Order Unwinding Obama Climate Policies
- News Analysis: Planned Rollback of Climate Rules Unlikely to Achieve All Trump’s Goals
- Trilobites: They Mixed Science, Art and Costume Parties to Reveal Mysteries of the Sea
- A Dream of Clean Energy at a Very High Price
- Essay: Hope Springs Early, but Not Eternal, for the Deadnettle — or for Us