Mountain Bikes Could Save Ski Resorts
As I write this it is February 6th and 61°F at my home, which is roughly 15°F warmer than average. Given that 2014 was the warmest year on record, what is the fate of ski resorts? While snowfall is becoming less reliable, the mountains are still steep. Mountain Biking is a way to bring warm weather recreation to otherwise quiet mountain resorts.
While mountain biking isn't going to solve climate change, it can soften the blow to mountain resorts. In the meantime, riding your bike is a great, low-carbon way to get around town or a mountain.
- The Climate Issue: Why the Menace of Mosquitoes Will Only Get Worse
- Asteroid Misses Earth Narrowly, by Cosmic Standards
- Trillions of Plastic Bits, Swept Up by Current, Are Littering Arctic Waters
- Climate Change Reroutes a Yukon River in a Geological Instant
- It’s Like It Never Left: Another El Niño May Be on the Way