Gear Up for Winter
What: 2011 Santa Fe Ski Team Ski & Sports Swap
When: October 14 (7-10pm), 15 (9am-5pm), 16 (10am-2pm)
Where: Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road, Santa Fe, NM
Price: Friday 14th - $25 + $5 per additional person;
Sat. 15th - Adults $2, Children under 48" - Free;
Sunday 16th - Free Admission
Fall is the time when skiers and snowboarders dream of riding the mountains and wonder if their gear will survive another season. If your snow gear has moved from broken-in to broken down you'll be glad to know that this is also the time of year for ski swaps. Whether you need boots and boards or a new jacket and gloves your local ski and gear swap is a great chance to shop for new or lightly-used snow sports equipment.
Check your closets and garages to see if you have some gear to replace or sell and head over to your ski swap. You might just find the perfect addition to your snow sports gear quiver. And you'll likely see many of your skiing and boarding friends planning for the season.
- The Climate Issue: Why the Menace of Mosquitoes Will Only Get Worse
- Asteroid Misses Earth Narrowly, by Cosmic Standards
- Trillions of Plastic Bits, Swept Up by Current, Are Littering Arctic Waters
- Climate Change Reroutes a Yukon River in a Geological Instant
- It’s Like It Never Left: Another El Niño May Be on the Way