Basecamp to Summit in One Click
I love exploring the mountains and there are more peaks than I could ever hope to see in my lifetime. Of course the Seven Summits are on my list but, I haven't even summited one of them yet. So, what is a frustrated, wannabe mountaineer to do? You can start exploring any of the Seven Summits with StreetView in Google Maps. Go to maps.google.com, type in the name of the peak, zoom in to the street view level and start planning your approach from base camp.
Of course, exploring mountains via computer isn't quite the same thing as actually climbing a peak. But, a little desktop daydreaming is a fun while you organize your expedition.
- How an Interoffice Spat Erupted Into a Climate-Change Furor
- A Push for Diesel Leaves London Gasping Amid Record Pollution
- E.P.A. Workers Try to Block Pruitt in Show of Defiance
- Matter: Disappearing Seagrass Protects Against Pathogens, Even Climate Change, Scientists Find
- First Words: Is the ‘Anthropocene’ Epoch a Condemnation of Human Interference — or a Call for More?