Basecamp to Summit in One Click
I love exploring the mountains and there are more peaks than I could ever hope to see in my lifetime. Of course the Seven Summits are on my list but, I haven't even summited one of them yet. So, what is a frustrated, wannabe mountaineer to do? You can start exploring any of the Seven Summits with StreetView in Google Maps. Go to maps.google.com, type in the name of the peak, zoom in to the street view level and start planning your approach from base camp.
Of course, exploring mountains via computer isn't quite the same thing as actually climbing a peak. But, a little desktop daydreaming is a fun while you organize your expedition.
- E.P.A. Issues Rules on Disposal of Coal Ash to Protect Water Supply
- Dot Earth Blog: From Maine to Denmark, Islanders (Including Students) Seek Sustainable Energy Solutions
- Dot Earth Blog: With Unresolved Health Risks and Few Signs of an Economic Boon, Cuomo to Ban Gas Fracking
- Mount Kenya’s Vanishing Glaciers
- Dot Earth Blog: A Chat on New York’s Shale Gas Ban with Anti-Fracking Superhero Mark Ruffalo