The Blue Bus Is Callin' Us
For many years 'mass transit' to our local ski area consisted of thumbing a ride at the 'Hitching Post' at the bottom of the road up the mountain. While effective (if hard to schedule) for one or two people, it didn't work for groups heading up. For the past few months there has been another option called 'The Blue Bus'. Early reports were dubious, but ridership has been building and the Mountain Trail Blue Bus looks like a success.
I'll admit it, I was a doubter too. Despite my quiet uncertainty people have decided that the Blue Bus is a fine way to get up and down the mountain. I've spoken to several riders who are happy to 'Leave the Driving to Us' for $5 (exact change required) each way. If a $10 round trip sounds a little pricey, the uphill bus token is worth a $5 discount on food, lift tickets or lessons at the ski area which cuts the cost in half.
What else can I say ... mass transit has come to our local ski area and it works! Hopefully after the snowy season the Mountain Route bus will have a bike rack installed for the summer.
RTD Mountain Trail (a.k.a. The Blue Bus)
- How an Interoffice Spat Erupted Into a Climate-Change Furor
- A Push for Diesel Leaves London Gasping Amid Record Pollution
- E.P.A. Workers Try to Block Pruitt in Show of Defiance
- Matter: Disappearing Seagrass Protects Against Pathogens, Even Climate Change, Scientists Find
- First Words: Is the ‘Anthropocene’ Epoch a Condemnation of Human Interference — or a Call for More?