Skiing in the Modernist Age
I don't envy their equipment (low leather boots and scary bindings), but I do envy their style. I've loved old travel posters for years and just came across this auction catalog of vintage tourism and ski posters. While some of these are well out of my price range, a few are temptingly affordable and unsold. Browsing the posters is a pleasantly nostalgic way to spend a sunny Friday afternoon.
Swann Auction Galleries - Vintage Poster Auction
- The Climate Issue: Why the Menace of Mosquitoes Will Only Get Worse
- Asteroid Misses Earth Narrowly, by Cosmic Standards
- Trillions of Plastic Bits, Swept Up by Current, Are Littering Arctic Waters
- Climate Change Reroutes a Yukon River in a Geological Instant
- It’s Like It Never Left: Another El Niño May Be on the Way