Skiing in the Modernist Age
I don't envy their equipment (low leather boots and scary bindings), but I do envy their style. I've loved old travel posters for years and just came across this auction catalog of vintage tourism and ski posters. While some of these are well out of my price range, a few are temptingly affordable and unsold. Browsing the posters is a pleasantly nostalgic way to spend a sunny Friday afternoon.
Swann Auction Galleries - Vintage Poster Auction
- How an Interoffice Spat Erupted Into a Climate-Change Furor
- A Push for Diesel Leaves London Gasping Amid Record Pollution
- E.P.A. Workers Try to Block Pruitt in Show of Defiance
- Matter: Disappearing Seagrass Protects Against Pathogens, Even Climate Change, Scientists Find
- First Words: Is the ‘Anthropocene’ Epoch a Condemnation of Human Interference — or a Call for More?