You Don't Need a Fat Bike
I'm not saying that you shouldn't get a fat bike, but a mountain bike works fine on packed snow. Just layer up and maintain (clean and lube, especially if you ride on salted roads or sidewalks) your bike! But, I'm tempted by those 3"+ tires too.
Wikipedia - Cold Weather Biking
- How an Interoffice Spat Erupted Into a Climate-Change Furor
- A Push for Diesel Leaves London Gasping Amid Record Pollution
- E.P.A. Workers Try to Block Pruitt in Show of Defiance
- Matter: Disappearing Seagrass Protects Against Pathogens, Even Climate Change, Scientists Find
- First Words: Is the ‘Anthropocene’ Epoch a Condemnation of Human Interference — or a Call for More?