You Don't Need a Fat Bike
I'm not saying that you shouldn't get a fat bike, but a mountain bike works fine on packed snow. Just layer up and maintain (clean and lube, especially if you ride on salted roads or sidewalks) your bike! But, I'm tempted by those 3"+ tires too.
Wikipedia - Cold Weather Biking
- News Analysis: Planned Rollback of Climate Rules Unlikely to Achieve All Trump’s Goals
- Trilobites: They Mixed Science, Art and Costume Parties to Reveal Mysteries of the Sea
- A Dream of Clean Energy at a Very High Price
- Essay: Hope Springs Early, but Not Eternal, for the Deadnettle — or for Us
- Trilobites: Headed North, Sandhill Cranes Squeeze In Where They Can